Strategy AnalystLocation: Toronto, Ontario / Remote
Practice: Emerging Practices
Normative is a software innovation firm. We help leaders get their best opportunities to market, faster. We focus on early-stage software to validate product-market fit. We build and launch new startup propositions for our clients and for ourselves. We believe in treating every opportunity like it is our own business and not just a project.
We're looking for a T-shaped Business Analyst to join our Emerging Practices team. As an Analyst, you will be utilizing your keen sense for data analysis, and passion for understanding markets and industries to surface key insights and market trends for our client projects. You will also be responsible for proposing and evaluating new business models, including financial modeling and forecasting new revenue streams for our client projects.
Our projects involve multi-disciplinary teams and this role collaborates closely with research, design, and strategy to help bring insights into action. We begin by understanding end-user pains & gains that are then translated into hypotheses. From there, we define stories that define the core jobs people are trying to accomplish.
What You'll Be Doing Day To Day:
- Prepare competitive intelligence and market research on client industries.
- Prepare business and revenue models for assigned client accounts and present to project leads.
- A large emphasis of the role will be to think through business models from both a human-centered and a business viability perspective, as well as to look at the application of technology to augment existing models or net new products.
- Communicate research and insights with team members.
- Support product leads to strategically think through revenue streams and co-design experiments to test and validate business hypotheses.
- Size markets and support the development of Go-To-Market strategies of products associated with our client project.
- Contribute valuable insight and strategic thought to deliverables
- Propose and own solutions to project problems
- Experience working in innovation, entrepreneurship, strategy, or similar
- 3+ years of experience in consulting, digital/innovation/strategy agency, product development, business, and financial modelling
- Experience working at a startup considered a strength. We highly encourage candidates with entrepreneurial experience to apply for this role. Tell us about your business (ranging from a lemonade stand to a Venture-Backed startup).
- Tech experience is an asset
- Track record of learning new skills
- Support, sometimes complex, projects with a strategic perspective through the evidence-based decision making
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (including research, developers, designers) to deliver strategic outputs
- Gain and apply a clear understanding of client needs
- MS office suite or similar
- Strong ability to analyze data with MS Excel (Vlookups, Pivots, and If-Statements)
- Pitch-deck mastery (concise, clear, and engaging presentations)
- Strong time management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Problem-solving skills and critical thinking
- Basic project management
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Strong presentation skills
How To Apply... Please send your applications here
Please note, as part of the interview process and skills assessment a case study will be provided to potential candidates.
Accommodations and Accessibility:
Normative provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions, or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at email@example.com
At Normative, we are committed to building an environment where everyone feels included, valued, and heard. Diversity, inclusion, and belonging are an important part of our everyday work, and it is our belief that they enable us to reach our goal of building trust in technology. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender, and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities.