Design Researcher (Contract)Location: Toronto - Remote
This is a 3 month contract role.
- The Design Researcher is responsible for conducting product research, from crafting a methodology based on approach, creating facilitator guides, moderating sessions, conducting analysis and synthesis, reporting and share-out of insights that deliver actionable insights and value to the team and our clients. This team member is a strong co-creator, collaborator and communicator.
- Conducting qualitative research including interviews, user testing, longitudinal studies, diary studies, card sorting, and mixed methods approaches.
- Involvement in end-to-end research including: planning and logistics, coordinating with recruiters or recruiting, facilitating research sessions, synthesis and analysis and articulating and getting buy-in for recommendations.
- Interacting directly with clients to identify their needs, keeping them engaged throughout the research and presenting to stakeholders in compelling ways that inspire and incite organizations to take their next steps.
- Working closely with designers, developers, strategists, product managers, and clients to translate ground truths from the field into tangible new products and compelling experiences.
- Collaborating with team members to develop and evolve research tools and analysis approaches that uncover meaningful findings.
How to succeed in this role:
- A successful candidate will:
- Bring a curious and critical mindset with the ability to tackle immediate problems efficiently, focus on finishing assigned tasks and ask for help when necessary
- Give constructive and actionable feedback; solicit feedback from others and is eager to find ways to improve, grow and collaborate.
- Bring fresh ideas to old problems.
- Understand how their work contributes to the project on hand and how it relates back to the greater impact of the project; works towards understanding problems within project requirements.
How to progress in this role:
- Growth is seen in ability to take initiative on project work and follow through to completion, with some guidance.
- Growth is seen in identifying an area of specialization.
- Deep questioning of processes; begins to suggest improvements and tweaks.
What we offer:
Normative is deeply passionate about creating a welcoming, supportive and engaging culture. We are looking for passionate people who are excited about creative methods, problem solving, and collaborative hard work, like us! We are committed to you and we offer:
- Experience in different UX practices and research methods
- Support in growing your work experience and portfolio
- Support with your professional goals and growth
- Consistent and constructive feedback to build a strong rapport, communication, and team culture
Overall, we work to set you up for success in accordance with your career trajectory.
To apply for this role, click here.
Accommodations and Accessibility:
Normative provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions, or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at email@example.com
At Normative, we are committed to building an environment where everyone feels included, valued, and heard. Diversity, inclusion, and belonging are an important part of our everyday work, and it is our belief that they enable us to reach our goal of building trust in technology. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender, and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities.
Target Salary: $60,000 - $75,000