Senior DeveloperLocation: Toronto, Ontario / Remote
Practice: Technology and Engineering
Normative is a software innovation firm. We help leaders get their best opportunities to market, faster. We focus on early stage software to validate product market fit. We build and launch new startup propositions for our clients and for ourselves. We believe in treating every opportunity like it is our own business, and not just a project.
We’re looking for a Senior Developer to join our team. You will primarily design & build web applications, support the development team in defining & building solutions for our clients. You will be involved in projects from beginning to end - from client discovery, making technology recommendations & approaches, systems design & implementation. Problem solving here is critical - we push our team members to deeply understand our clients problems & bring solutions from ideation to life.
Our projects involve multi-disciplinary teams and this role collaborates closely with research, design and strategy to help bring insights into action. We begin from understanding end user pains & gains that are then translated into hypotheses. From there, we define stories which define the core jobs people are trying to accomplish.
What you’ll be doing day to day:
- Working with clients to help define business problems and designing the technical solutions to meet their needs.
- Architecting and developing web and mobile applications end-to-end.
- Working closely with design, research & strategy focused team members to find creative technical solutions using modern client-side, server-side and SOA technology.
- Working with other development team members to share responsibilities.
- Work in cross-disciplinary teams of people, helping them do successful work and grow as practitioners.
What we offer:
The technology team is deeply passionate about creating a welcoming, supportive and engaging culture. We are looking for passionate people who are excited about creative methods, problem solving, and collaborative hard work. We are committed to you and we offer:
- Experience in different stacks & applications including many greenfield projects
- Support in growing your work experience and portfolio
- Support with your professional goals and growth
- Consistent and constructive feedback to build a strong rapport, communication, and team culture
Overall, we work to set you up for success in accordance with your career trajectory.
- Strong experience with CSS with an interest in design systems.
- Experience with modern testing frameworks (Jest, Cypress, Mocha, etc)
- Able to manage timelines, quality and delivery.
- Experience with architecting and scaling applications.
- Some UX design experience with a strong sense of good UX practices.
- Can provide effective code reviews.
- Ability to share your skills with other team members and contribute to learning as a group.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience working on server side solutions using Node.js, Rails, Ember.js or other modern frameworks.
- Experience with TypeScript.
- Experience with modern DevOps (Docker, AWS, Heroku, etc.).
- Experience managing teams.
Accommodations and Accessibility:
Normative provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions, or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at email@example.com
At Normative, we are committed to building an environment where everyone feels included, valued, and heard. Diversity, inclusion, and belonging are an important part of our everyday work, and it is our belief that they enable us to reach our goal of building trust in technology. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender, and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities.