Senior UI / Full Stack DeveloperLocation: Toronto, Ontario / Remote
Practice: Technology and Engineering
Our studio is growing, and we’re looking for a few amazing people to join our awesome team. Maybe that’s you!
We’re seeking a UI / Full Stack Developer to join our Toronto-based creative studio team. This role works closely with designers and researchers across the entire design process to plan, design and build software experiences for networked devices that connect the physical and digital world.
Every team member at Normative has a clear vision of what the future of software should be, and the passion to help build it. If you’re interested in designing software interfaces that push the boundaries of user experience and you’re passionate about exploring the overlap between design and culture by creating great software, we should talk.
The Full Stack / UI Developer role specializes in software development and is responsible for contributing to all aspects of Normative projects, and providing a high level of technical and creative direction for software applications (desktop, web, and mobile), networked devices and technology installations, among other things.
This role works in multi-disciplinary teams and collaborates closely with other software developers, designers, and people of all levels across the organization in our hands on, heads up working model. This role includes presentations of project work and needs to be able to articulate the qualities of technology and design, the value of the work to our client’s organizations, and how the work was approached by the team.
- Working with clients to help define business problems and designing the technical solutions to meet their needs
- Architecting and developing web and mobile applications end-to-end
- Working closely with design team members to find creative technical solutions using modern client-side, server-side and SOA technology
- Working with other development team members to share responsibilities
- Contribute towards fun, internal skunk-works projects
- Work in a cross-disciplinary team of people to help them do successful work and grow as practitioners
- Experience architecting and building web based solutions using node.js, Rails, Django or other modern frameworks
- Experience developing for mobile devices with React-Native, or native platforms
- Experience with modern testing frameworks (AVA, Mocha, Jasmine, etc.)
- Experience with modern DevOps ( Docker, AWS, Heroku, etc.)
- Experience with architecting hosting solutions, and deploying and scaling applications
- Some UX design experience with a strong sense of good UX practices
- Ability to share your skills with other team members and contribute to learning as a group
- 4+ years experience in web/mobile application development
- Able to manage timelines, quality, and delivery
- Work well with others and see the value of cross-disciplinary teams
Why work at Normative
Normative means "as things ought to be" and that’s how we think, work and practice everyday. We seek the overlaps between our core disciplines: research, design and development because it’s those tensions that allow us to push the boundaries of what we can, and ought, to do. Everyone on our team has a growth mindset and gets to work on some of today's most interesting challenges, using the latest approaches and technologies.
There are many other great things about working at Normative including excellent benefits (with fun stuff like massages!), flexible work hours, work-from-home options, extended vacation and more.
Most importantly, we respect each other immensely and are here to work on complex problems together. If this sounds like you, please apply!
How to apply
Our application process is straightforward – simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a short introduction so we can learn more about you and why you’re interested in Normative.
Please also include either your resume or a link to your LinkedIn profile, portfolio or GitHub profile.
Applications are reviewed on a daily basis; if you are invited in for an interview, you can expect to hear with us within a week.
We look forward to hearing from you.