Strategy AnalystLocation: Toronto - Remote
Practice: Emerging Disciplines
Welcome to Normative. We're an innovation firm that helps companies find product-market fit. We believe in a world of evidence-driven innovation where truth matters, technology enables trust, and people create value that is accessible to all.
If you're looking to join a fast pace, dynamic organization that has a different way of thinking about developing products and creating customers, you're in the right place. We're looking for a T-shaped Strategy Analyst to join our Emerging Practices team. As a Strategy Analyst, you'll be called upon to help navigate complex, often ambiguous world of innovation, using your keen sense for data analysis, and passion for understanding markets and industries to surface key customer, market, and organizational needs. You will also be responsible for thinking through how to support and facilitate the introduction of new ideas into an organization.
Our projects involve multi-disciplinary teams and this role collaborates closely with research, design, and strategy to help bring insights into action. We begin by understanding end-user pains & gains that are then translated into hypotheses. From there, we define stories that define the core jobs people are trying to accomplish.
What You'll Be Doing Day To Day:
- Preparing competitive intelligence and market research on client industries
- Working with clients to better understand the challenges and barriers preventing them from implementing new initiatives
- Apply knowledge of change management, organizational design, or business process design
- Facilitate teams to better frame the challenges they are facing and make sense of dynamic information
- Thinking through business models from both a human-centered and a business viability perspective
- Look at the application of technology to augment existing models or net new products
- Conducting and communicating the output of stakeholder interviews
- Support product leads to strategically think through revenue streams and co-design experiments to test and validate business hypotheses
- Contribute valuable insight and strategic thought to deliverables
- Propose and own solutions to project problems
- Experience working in innovation, entrepreneurship, organizational design, change management, strategy, or similar
- 3+ years of experience in consulting, digital/innovation/strategy agency, product development, change management
- Experience working at a startup considered a strength. We highly encourage candidates with entrepreneurial experience to apply for this role. Tell us about your business (ranging from a lemonade stand to a Venture-Backed startup).
- Track record of learning new skills
- Support, sometimes complex, projects with a strategic perspective through the evidence-based decision making
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (including research, developers, designers) to deliver strategic outputs
- Gain and apply a clear understanding of client needs
- Great communicator, especially in MS / google suite
- Pitch-deck mastery (concise, clear, and engaging presentations)
- Strong time management skills
- Problem-solving skills and critical thinking
- Basic project management
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Strong presentation skills
We deeply respect your time. If you think you're a fit, please provide a cover letter with very brief description of your point of view on product-market fit, along with salary expectations.
Accommodations and Accessibility:
Normative provides employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this on your application and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions, or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
At Normative, we are committed to building an environment where everyone feels included, valued, and heard. Diversity, inclusion, and belonging are an important part of our everyday work, and it is our belief that they enable us to reach our goal of building trust in technology. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender, and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities.